Wednesday, July 11, 2007



I'm into Greek mythology now.
Borrowed 2 books on greek mythology.

Of course i'm still reading Murakami Haruki's novels...

But greek mythology is famous and interesting nya.

Though greek gods did really outrageous things. It's like they're super powerful humans with superpowers instead of gods. (or is that the definition of gods? :P)
Killing their wives and children, swallowing them up whole, lies, deceit, betrayal, LUST, adultery, rape, INCEST, etc.

I can't even keep up with the family tree >_< some greek gods/goddesses have equivalents in roman mythology. Like Aphrodite(greek) = Venus(Roman) = goddess of love, but in slightly different sense.

Most names I dunno how to pronounce, but there are names I've come across which are names of people I know/heard of. Athena, Maia, whatever. It's hard to name yourself after a greek god/goddess though. Some of the names are too confusing to pronounce, some are ridiculous to name yourself after (imagine someone named odysseus or zeus) and you've gotta be aware of the story behind that particular god/goddess... and almost every famous god/goddess have flaws/blemishes in their reputations.

Haha.

I wonder if Hebe from SHE got her name from greek mythology. Hebe is not so prominent in greek mythology as her other sisters, but she is the personification of youth and therefore was eternally young and beautiful.

I saw a book on Norse mythology which wasn't that reader-friendly.
Besides, I've researched on norse mythology before because of Loki and it'll be boring to read the same thing again.
Though you can find some similarities between each mythology.
Like in Norse, you get the Norms (Urd, Verdandi, Skuld or however you spell them) and in greek, you get the Fates (Atropos, Clotho, Lachesis). 1 cutting the thread of life, 1 spinning the thread of life, 1 responsible for and determining the length of the thread of life.

And oh! Laysh... remember last mth or last last mth i was talking to you about tycoon series game and sim city? i told you when i was young i played some game about building towns and cities... not tycoon series, and it doesn't feel like sim city?

I remember what it was!

While reading the book on greek mythology, i came across roman mythology too.
Then I remembered... the game was called Caesar!! And i was building things like temples (Mars, Venus, etc) too. Dunno if the game is still around...

himitsu @ 4:07 PM.


THE COPYRIGHTS

Layout coded, designed by Blair of Summer Skies. Image from Digik.net . Brushes from My Antiquity .