Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Work has gotten a lil bit more interesting recently.
After that trip to orchard for lunch i wrote in the entry below...
Rem I talked about my manager's 1-year-old son? (Her son is really cute cos mixed races. Brown hair, black eyes, really cute. But really naughty too. Whatever we tell him not to do, he does it the next moment, messing up the whole place. )
Last friday, the office manager (also my supervisor) was on leave (she's the busiest one of us all). The rest of us did practically nothing that day. Lucas (the boy), he climbed up a short step ladder behind me, onto the table at my work station... but because of the shelves, he had only a small space to stand and walk... like a ledge. My colleague and I tried asking him to come down but he ignored us. His mum told us to let him climb down himself. So my colleague asked me to keep an eye on him while she returned to her seat. Moments later, I was eating my fruits and Lucas saw me. He started walking sideways towards my desk where the fruits were. The next moment, he lost his balance and fell forward!!!!
I let out a short scream and rush forward to catch him. Luckily i caught him in time. He was falling forward down the step ladder lor! I think he hit his leg but fortunately not his head. He almost started to cry but i put him on his feet and he ran to his mum. Seconds later, he recovered liao. Never cry at all.
But I was still trembling in shock. His mum and my colleagues commented that I was more scared than him. Lol~ I can't believe his mum...
Then after they left in the afternoon that day, my 2 colleagues, me and my intern friend pull our chairs together in a circle and started telling ghost stories, recalling our ghostly encounters. Scary... one of my colleagues actually bumped into those things quite often last time. I was so scared I almost didn't dare to go toilet alone.
This week's Monday:
My intern fren went to meet her own friends for lunch but I chose to eat with my colleagues. We took a cab down to NLB at Bugis cos my supervisor wanted to go see this exhibition held there. Then we eat at Han's there. So fun! Shall post the photos next time. It's in my company email.
And...
Today i ate lunch with jye yi at Lau par sat. Then this Malay guy sat beside us and started talking to us. At one point in time, he said that he just came to Singapore and he's a Japanese. When he said that, I thought he was mad! Hahahaha!!! Malay Japanese... actually he stayed in Japan for 18 years... went over to Japan when he was in jr high. His citizenship = Japanese.
It was very funny and interesting though. He works around the area too, as a Regional Manager in a Japanese company. So we talked and exchange phone numbers, and he treated us to fruit juice. ^__^
I still find it a little strange and unreal. But it's interesting, ne?
Too bad he's not a true blue Japanese. Or else I'll ask him if he's a member of JAS and whether he has extra tix to Natsu Matsuri.
*Sigh* So sad that they not opening Natsu Matsuri to public now. Should have gone last yr!!!!!!
himitsu @ 9:39 PM.
THE COPYRIGHTS
Layout coded, designed by Blair of Summer Skies. Image from Digik.net . Brushes from My Antiquity .











