Thursday, June 15, 2006



First of all, let me repeat this: Vanish Power O2 is so wonderful!! It got rid of the tea stains on my clothes. But i shld have left my blouse to soak for a longer period as there's this little part where there are still 2 very very very light dots. Haha.

Moving on to the main topic of this post: Had a crazy day at work today.

Jus yesterday, I was so sian because there wasn't much to do. I was assigned to do nitty gritty things like writing invoice no. on the back of cheques, chopping "PAID" on invoices and writing the cheque no. on them, writing add on envelopes, filing, and walking from my room to the accountant's desk outside. walked, walked, and walked. so tiring...

Today, i expected nothing much to do, but finally i was given a file to work on. When i say being given files to work on means that there's quite a lot of checking to do. I love having files thrown at me because... I get to slack. I don't have to keep running back to the accountant to ask what to do. I can take my own SWEET time, dilly-dally, surf the Internet as and when. It's sooooo much better.

So I was checking the asset file slowly today.
With 3 different drinks on my (and my intern's fren) table (since we share a director's room) - cold water, pokka green tea, lipton tea (prepared by my supervisor. she makes drinks for us now and then. lol~) Think I was stuffing myself with tea. Eew.

And my office ppl are all very crazy, including my supervisor.
After lunch, we were all slacking away for a while, working on jie lian huan (the chains you have to undo/separate them). I didn't do it la. Was reading Newpaper.
Then we went back to work.

What made me laugh like mad today:
At 430, they started going crazy again. My intern fren and one of my colleagues were recalling a joke where they were called pigs. So my intern fren went: "You're the white pig, I'm the black pig." (in chinese. and uhm... she's quite tanned) so yeah. They started making lame comments about pigs, roast pigs, boars and whatevernot. So lame I didn't even bother much.

Then a while later, this salesman came to our office. (I don't know why companies sent their salesmen around to offices) Guess what he was promoting?
A stuff toy PIG.
Which was singing and dancing.
And my supervisor shouted to my intern fren in the room: "Hey, you don't want? It's your villagefolk!" (dunno how to translate la. they all talk in chinese. villagefolk=tong2 xiang1)'
Whole office started laughing. I almost died of laughter. Cos the pig really quite like my intern fren - who happens to love to sing and dance.
Think the salesman think we're mad.

After that we started filling in hanyu pinyin for my supervisor (her religious group... some speech draft). She speaks Chinese, but she can't really recognise words???
I was dragged to help (but of course I didn't dare to help much cos I'm not confident of my chinese).

Then after that, we started talking about playing pool. I said I don't really play in public cos so malu. I play at my condo's clubhse. The topic came to my condo.

Conversation in chinese unless specified:
Colleague (white pig): "Which condo you living in?"
Me: "Guilin View" [eng]
Accountant: "Orh... Guilin shan1 zhuang1 (manor) ah?"
I looked at her incredulously.
Me: "shan1 zhuang1?"
Then we all started laughing.
Intern fren (black pig): "You think we in ancient times ah? Shaolin Temple age?"

Damn funny. Dunno why she will say shan1 zhuang1. For a moment there, I was wondering if I heard correctly.
Next.

Me: "It's opposite Xiao3 Guilin (Little Guilin... the lake/park/hill)"
Intern fren: "Xiao3 Gui4 lin2... Isn't xiao guilin some kind of xiao3 gui3 (little ghost)?"
All of us looked at her incredulously and started laughing like mad again.
Colleague/someone: "Harh????"
Accountant: "It's the name of a place la!"
Colleague white pig: "Then what you think Guilin View is? Kan4 Gui3 de4 di4 fang1 ah (a place for watching ghosts)?"

omg.
i can't believe them.
forever saying/doing weird stuff or lame stuff.
HILARIOUS.

That was how I passed my time from 430pm to 6pm (time to knock off) today.

himitsu @ 9:15 PM.


THE COPYRIGHTS

Layout coded, designed by Blair of Summer Skies. Image from Digik.net . Brushes from My Antiquity .