Tuesday, October 18, 2005



If one day, you found out that you had contracted an illness (be it cancer, etc) that involves only 50% or less chance of survival. Would you tell your loved one about it? Would you break up with him/her? Would you choose to suffer alone? Act like the bad guy and offer silly reasons like "I've fallen in love with someone else" to break up with your loved one?

Sorry... I was just wondering... after thinking about all the Korean shows (Popular Korean shows seem to take a liking to deaths by terminal illness very often).

Then I'll tell myself that I'd rather be selfish and make my loved one suffer along with me. I mean, since he suffers both way, and there's no way to judge which route will be less painful, I'd rather let him choose.

But a part of me knows that if that day really comes, I might decide differently afterall.

Choices are scary. Be it leaving them up to yourself or leaving them up to someone else to decide. If the choice made turns out to be right, then nothing matters. But what if it turned out to be a bad choice? Would you rather choose what you want, regret it, blame and curse yourself? Or would you feel better blaming and cursing someone else? What if the choice involved is only a tiny one - e.g. to choose between pink and blue?

"We can never know what to want, because, living only one life, we can neither compare it with our previous lives nor perfect it in our lives to come."

"There is no means of testing which decision is better, because there is no basis for comparison. We live everything as it comes, without warning, like an actor going on cold. And what can life be worth if the first rehearsal for life is life itself?"

--- The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera


----------------------------------------------------
(Btw, laysh, I forgot to add in my comment: Not all Korean movies are boring. I prefer movies to the drama serials. Provided they're funny movies like My Sassy Girl, My Wife is a Gangster 2, and the recent one I watched on a cheat who tricked this guy's family into believing that she's his pregnant gf... and everyone was duped... they got so pissed off at the guy thinking that he was a heartless man as he kept on saying he didn't know her. Hilarious. The guy was such a poor thing. His expression when his family started bashing him up. xD)

himitsu @ 10:50 PM.


THE COPYRIGHTS

Layout coded, designed by Blair of Summer Skies. Image from Digik.net . Brushes from My Antiquity .