Friday, July 29, 2005



Although I haven't decided if I really would be taking 'Text and Context', I'm so glad that I didn't drop 'Contemporary Literature'.

I just bought the first novel in the syllabus today, read 2 pages of it, and I was thinking "I'm gonna love this story" already.

Written on the Body, by Jeanette Winterson

For the lines
"You said, 'I love you'. Why is it that the most unoriginal thing we can say to one another is still the thing we long to hear? 'I love you' is always a quotation. You did not say it first and neither did I, yet when you say it and I say it, we speak like savages who have found three words and worship them."
already captured my interest.

This is the kind of novel I want to read!

"Love demands expression. It will not stay still, stay silent, be good, be modest, be seen and not heard, no."

Interesting~
I love it.

himitsu @ 8:14 PM.


THE COPYRIGHTS

Layout coded, designed by Blair of Summer Skies. Image from Digik.net . Brushes from My Antiquity .